members of Dr. Arthur J. Olson's laboratory,
are excited for FightAIDS@Home to be part of World Community Grid.
We are grateful for your participation so far, and we hope
that you'll continue to participate in FightAIDS@Home.
How do I continue to participate?
It's easy! There are four steps:
- Uninstall the current client.
- Download the new client from World Community Grid
- Install the new client.
- Select only to run FightAIDS@Home project.
to uninstall the current client & install the new one:
your Windows Desktop, right-click the Entropia client
in your system tray, and select "Stop and Exit" from
the menu. The icon should disappear from your system
up the "Control Panel" by selecting "Start" and then
"Settings" and then "Control Panel".
on "Add/Remove Programs" from the Control Panel.
"Entropia Client" and remove it: click on "Change/Remove"
and then click "Yes". Do the same for "Entropia App0047",
and any other Entropia components
that you see.
- Go to the World Community Grid's "Join Now" page to download the software. Follow the instruction provided by World Community Grid to install the new client.
How do I select to run only FightAIDS@Home?
World Community Grid is running both the Human Proteome Folding Project and FightAIDS@Home,
members have the option of opting out of one project to donate all their unused computer time
to just one of the research projects. As a default, all members are contributing to both projects;
when the grid sends a work unit to the agent, there is a 50-50 chance that it will be running Human Proteome Folding
(or FightAIDS@Home) - unless the volunteer chooses to participate in a specific project.
To opt out of a project:
Click on image to get higher resolution.
- Log onto the site.
- Go to the My Grid/My Statistics page.
- Select My Projects on the left menu.
- Under Available Projects, uncheck the project you would like to opt out of.